Larkin Poe has released KINDRED SPIRITS, their first-ever covers album – a collection of stripped-back versions of both classic and new songs. KINDRED SPIRITS is Larkin Poe’s second full-length of 2020 released on their own Tricki-Woo Records. The album was self-produced by Larkin Poe from their home studio in Nashville.
STREAM/PURCHASE KINDRED SPIRITS
Larkin Poe surprised fans by releasing their mesmerizing video for “Take What You Want” (Post Malone), ahead of the full album release tomorrow. “Considering the nature of this record, it should come as no surprise that we applaud Post Malone for shouting out the legendary Ozzy Osbourne with a feature on his hit “Take What You Want.” This song vibrates with a classic Ozzy energy and from the moment we first heard it, we were dying to make our own stripped back, rootsy remix.”
WATCH LARKIN POE PERFORM CROCODILE ROCK (ELTON JOHN)
Larkin Poe shared three tracks off the album earlier in the year: The Moody Blues’ “Nights in White Satin,” followed by their version of Lenny Kravitz’s “Fly Away” that Rolling Stone Country called “a greasy blues jam,” and finally Phil Collins’ “In The Air Tonight.” Each one of these songs has an accompanying music video made with footage that both Megan and Rebecca Lovell found and edited together in order to create just the right feel for each visual.
- LISTEN TO “NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN” WATCH “NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN” OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO
- LISTEN TO “FLY AWAY” WATCH “FLY AWAY” OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO
- LISTEN TO “IN THE AIR TONIGHT” WATCH “IN THE AIR TONIGHT” OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO
In celebration of the release, Larkin Poe will be hosting some very special experiences for fans throughout this coming weekend:
- 1/20 at 1pm CT: Facebook Hang
- 11/20 at 1:30pm CT: Instagram Q&A
- 11/21 at 2pm CT: YouTube Performance Party
- 11/22 at 12:30pm CT: Twitch Listening Party
The GRAMMY Award-nominated sister duo of Rebecca and Megan Lovell kicked things off in June with their fifth studio album, SELF MADE MAN, topping an array of Billboard charts while earning unanimous acclaim around the world. Instead of a summer of tour buses and packed theaters, the Atlanta-bred, Nashville-based Lovells found themselves at home, performing many livestream concerts and adding to their much-loved YouTube covers series. That got them thinking, and led to the idea for the creation of KINDRED SPIRITS, a collection of stripped-back versions of covers, both classic and new, including songs by the Allman Brothers Band, Robert Johnson, Elton John, Post Malone, Ozzy Osbourne, and more.
While 2020 was supposed to be a year of hitting the road and taking their new songs to fans around the globe, it transformed into a year of reflection, of looking inward, of looking back. But Larkin Poe being Larkin Poe, looking in and looking back for them is also looking forward as they continue to put their own signature on the traditions they embrace. Not ones to sit around and wait for something to happen, Rebecca and Megan are constantly churning and creating. No one knows what this next year holds, but rest assured Larkin Poe will find ways to keep it fun and interesting for everyone, as we are all kindred spirits.
LARKIN POE KINDRED SPIRITS
Release date: November 20, 2020
01. Hellhound On My Trail (Robert Johnson)
02. Fly Away (Lenny Kravitz)
03. Rockin’ In The Free World (Neil Young)
04. (You’re The) Devil In Disguise (Elvis Presley)
05. In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
06. Nights In White Satin (The Moody Blues)
07. Who Do You Love (Bo Diddley)
08. Take What You Want (Post Malone)
09. Ramblin’ Man (The Allman Brothers)
10. Bell Bottom Blues (Derek & The Dominoes)
11. Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
CONNECT WITH LARKIN POE: