Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter and mental health advocate, Jewel, has partnered with Kroger for the third installment of an annual wellness festival and launch of a robust digital platform and virtual event.The new Wellness Experience Platform kicks off on Saturday, October 10 with a virtual World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert hosted by Jewel and actor, influencer, and philanthropist, Frankie Grande.
Jewel’s free live-stream event will cover mindfulness, depression, anxiety, and mental health through personal stories, songs, and expert interviews, and provide viewers with actionable steps to improve their daily mental wellness. Since 2018, The Kroger Co, Inclusion Companies, and Jewel have partnered to bring physical, emotional, and mental wellness resources to the masses.
The Wellness Experience platform expands the partnership with monthly digital events and healthy-living resources that help customers take actionable steps toward making their lives healthier, easier, brighter, and a bit lighter.The event will also raise funds to support the event’s non-profit partner, Jewel’s Inspiring Children Foundation and their COVID-19 mental health programs.
Inspiring Children is a Las Vegas based non-profit that aims to revolutionize youth development by providing an ideal model of education in underserved communities. For more than 18 years, ICF has helped at-risk youth suffering with financial distress, anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation – the same silent symptoms we are now seeing in the pandemic.
During the quarantine, Jewel has been leading the conversation around mental health, helping build community and connection for those who need it most, and spreading awareness about this important topic on CBS Sunday Morning, a Q&A with The New York Times’ Events Series, Cuomo Prime Time, and more. Mental health has been a significant passion of Jewel’s since being a homeless teenager with little access to resources.
After learning meditation and discovering and innovating her own mindfulness practices, Jewel was able to heal symptoms of her depression. These are the same tools she uses to help at-risk youth through her charity and offers online for free. For more information, please visit the Inspiring Children Foundation website. To access Jewel’s free mental health tools, please visit the Never Broken program.
“We recognize that many are combatting the silent symptoms of COVID 19 – anxiety, depression, and isolation – in addition to their physical health,” says Jewel. “We know that mental wellness is critical right now, and I’m thrilled to partner with Kroger to safely connect with fans across the U.S. to provide tools and resources for mental wellness during these uncertain times.”
“Through the project-driven learning program, Jewel’s foundation youth help run the festival,” adds Ryan Wolfington, President and Co-Founder of Inspiring Children. “These children have a chance to tell their mental health stories and to share their wisdom.” The Summit & Concert will include an impressive lineup of world-class artists, business leaders, mental health experts, and mindfulness advocates including appearances from:
- Jewel, Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter, actress, New York Times bestselling author, and The Wellness Experience by Kroger co-founder
- Rodney McMullen, Chairman and CEO, The Kroger Co.
- Dr. Marc Watkins, Chief Medical Officer, The Kroger Co.
- Frankie Grande, Actor, Influencer, Philanthropist
- Willie Jones, Country, Hip Hop artist, and host of Apple Music’s Crossroads Radio
- HAIM, American rock band
- Beth Behrs, Actress and Writer, Host and Executive Producer of Harmonics Podcast
- Grace VanderWaal, Singer-songwriter
- Brynn Elliot, Singer-songwriter
- X Ambassadors, Rock Band
- Judah & the Lion, Alt-folk Trio
- Nicholas Petricca, of rock band WALK THE MOON
- Justin Kan, Co-Founder of Twitch, entrepreneur and investor
- Molly Bloom, Entrepreneur, Author and Subject of the Academy Award-Nominated film Molly’s Game
- Dr. Blaise Aguirre, Expert in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Affiliate McLeam Hospital
- Dr. Judson Brewer, AddictionPsychiatrist, Neuroscientist, world-wide known expert in mindfulness training for anxiety, habit change, and treating addictions
Register here for the free World Mental Health Day Summit & Concert event.
Connect with Jewel: