Cinemark Holdings, Inc., one of the world’s largest and most influential movie theatre companies, invites moviegoers across the U.S. to once again enjoy the cinematic experience as it begins the phased reopening of its theatres on Friday, Aug. 14 and continues through Friday, Aug. 28. All theatres will reopen with enhanced clean and safety protocols, just in time to welcome this year’s newest films.
Tickets are on sale now for Unhinged and the anniversary re-release of Inception. Tickets will go on sale for The New Mutants on Aug. 18 and The Personal History of David Copperfield on Aug. 19. Tickets forthe highly anticipated film, Tenet, will go on sale very soon.
Additional information on Cinemark’s reopening can be found at www.cinemark.com.
“Cinemark is thrilled to once again welcome moviegoers across the U.S. to enjoy the unparalleled immersive experience of watching movies on the big screen. Through our very successful test-and-learn theatres, we have heard firsthand from moviegoers that we are truly setting The Cinemark Standard by providing the out-of-home entertainment experience they have been craving in a way that makes them feel protected,” said Mark Zoradi, Cinemark CEO.
“Furthermore, we have been extremely pleased with the results of our 15 test-and-learn theatres across the U.S., which have consistently been top performers among the 500+ indoor theatres opened. These strong results, coupled with consumer feedback, underscore that moviegoing is a favorite global pastime, and our teams are trained and prepared to safely welcome guests back to the cinema.”
Coming to the Big Screen
Moviegoers can enjoy the action-packed thriller Unhinged starring Russell Crowe, which premieres on Aug. 21, along with a special anniversary re-release of Inception, also on Aug. 21. Releases continue with The New Mutants and The Personal History of David Copperfield on Aug. 28, and the much-anticipated Tenet by Christopher Nolan on Sept. 3. The excitement of new films continues throughout the year with movies such as Wonder Woman 1984, Black Widow, James Bond in No Time to Die, Disney Pixar’s Soul, Dune, Connected, The King’s Man, Voyagers, Free Guy, Coming to America 2, Death on the Nile, The Croods 2 and West Side Story.
Prior to the newest films hitting the big screen, Cinemark will showcase some of Hollywood’s most beloved films, covering everyone’s favorite genres for a night at the movies. Moviegoers can enjoy fan-favorite films such as Goonies, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Pricing for the Comeback Classics is $5 per adult and $3 for children and seniors, and everyone can take advantage of greatly reduced pricing on popcorn and candy, along with fountain and bottle drinks.
The Cinemark Standard
To ensure moviegoer confidence and peace of mind, all Cinemark theatres will uphold enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols. Employees will undergo safety and sanitization training prior to reopening and will wear face masks and gloves while working. All will complete a wellness check-in prior to every shift. Each theatre will also have a designated Chief Clean and Safety Monitor on duty to ensure Cinemark’s standards of safety, physical distancing, cleanliness and sanitization are met.
- Each auditorium will be extensively disinfected every morning and again between showtimes using pressurized sprayers with products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19.
- Theatres will have staggered showtimes and limited capacities to maximize physical distancing.
- Seat-Buffering Technology will automatically block seats adjacent to a party upon ticket purchase.
- Face masks will be mandatory for all guests within the theatre and may only be removed for eating and drinking in the auditoriums. Face masks and gloves will be required for all employees.
- Cinemark is raising the fresh air rate by adding refresh and replace cycles and utilizing supply fans to increase total volume of fresh, outside air flowing into our theatres.
- Cinemark vacuums are equipped with HEPA filters identified to be effective in trapping at least 99.97 percent of microscopic particles, including COVID-19.
- All public and high-touch spaces will be thoroughly sanitized every 30 minutes.
- Ample supplies of seat wipes and hand sanitizer will be available for customer use.
- Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online and use contactless payment methods for a more contact-free experience. With that, cash payments options will be limited.
Cinemark Movie Rewards
Cinemark will be rolling out the red carpet to welcome back all guests, especially those members of the exhibitor’s loyalty programs. To ensure Cinemark Movie Rewards members can fully enjoy their benefits, the expiration date of all points that expired during the time theatres were closed will be extended to Dec. 31. Members of Cinemark Movie Club, the exhibitor’s monthly in-theatre membership program, will be able to see three Comeback Classics, with a guest, for free and will enjoy their standard 20 percent concessions discount on top of the welcome back pricing.
To learn more about the Company’s phased reopening, including enhanced protocols, location-specific opening dates, hours of operation, film schedules, tickets on sale and more, or to purchase tickets online, visit www.cinemark.com.