he 8th Annual Drive-In at Union Market returns as a DC summer “must-do” in time for 4th of July weekend festivities. The series of three movies throughout July will welcome the city with this socially distant experience and district-wide activations.
The 8th annual film series will kick off with the star spangled featured film, Captain America: The First Avenger on July 3.
On Friday, July 3 — film buffs can drive up to Union Market (1305 5th Street NE) to screen some of their favorite movies projected larger-than-life onto the market wall. (All movies are shown with closed captioning.)
While enjoying iconic films under the stars, D.C.’s cinephiles and retro fanatics can munch and sip on theater-quality delectables from a selection of Union Market vendors.
2020 Union Market Drive-In Schedule
- July 3 @ 8:30pm: Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- July 17 @ 8:30pm: Space Jam (1996)
- July 24 @ 8:30pm: Lion King (2019)
Union Market Parking Lot
1309 5th Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Each movie showing costs $20 per car and tickets can be purchased here. Additional COVID-19 safety and social distancing measures will be implemented:
- Unlike previous years, this is strictly a drive-in series and picnic viewing is not permitted.
- Movie audio will be transmitted through an FM transmitter on the radio.
- Moviegoers must remain in their cars during the entire film period.
- Moviegoers will receive flyers upon check-in with information about the Drive-In, including food ordering procedures, restroom procedures, and other important information.
- Only one person per household in each car can pick up food orders from Union Market vendors.
- Guests will be allowed to use the restroom and using the text alert system provided upon ticket purchase.
In addition to the Drive-In, Union Market District will celebrate the holiday weekend on The Rooftop at Union Market, which will be open with extended hours and a special 4th of July BBQ pop-up. Join the festivities and enjoy DC’s finest burgers, brats, draft cocktails and catch the neighborhood fireworks.
The Rooftop at Union Market Extended Hours
- Friday 2pm – 9pm
- Saturday 12pm-10pm
- Sunday 12pm-6pm
Other Union Market District Promotions Include:
- Takorean has launched their family meal kits. Kits can be purchased through Takorean’s online store, either cooked or raw, for $54 that serves 4-6 people.
- Laoban Dumplings is giving away free BAGGU Tote Bags all weekend long (Thursday-Sunday) for all customers who spend over $50.
Please visit www.unionmarketdc.com for more information regarding specific take-out menus, pick-up, delivery, and online shopping options from individual businesses. Union Market District will operate under the guidance from government officials and in accordance with public health guidelines. View our COVID-19 community updates for the well-being of our guests.