Max Brooks, #1 New York Times bestselling author of World War Z, will conduct a live virtual Q&A with fans discussing his new book Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre, published by Del Rey Books, on Saturday, June 20, at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT, as part of Wizard World Virtual Experiences, presented by Wizard Entertainment, Inc.
Fans can tune in via Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/wizardworldvirtual) YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/wizardworld) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wizardworld/) and can participate in live chats on all three platforms, with a selection of the questions used during the live session.
The Q&A is a precursor to Brooks’s virtual book signing, also on Wizard World Virtual Experiences platforms, on Saturday, July 11, at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT, during which fans can chat with Max as he signs their personalized bookplate, suitable for inclusion in Devolution or any of Max’s other works. Purchase of Devolution through Wizard World Virtual Experiences (http://www.wizardworldvirtual.com) is required to participate in the bookplate signing/video session.
This marks the first Virtual Book Signing added to the Wizard World Virtual Experiences series. Fans should check
www.wizardworldvirtual.com for additions to the programming schedule.
Part survival narrative, part bloody horror tale, part scientific journey into the boundaries between truth and fiction, Devolution is a Bigfoot story as only Max Brooks could chronicle it—and like none you’ve ever read before.
As a best-selling author, Brooks (https://www.maxbrooks.com/) is credited with helping propel zombie-lore from niche sub-culture fascination to mainstream pop-culture obsession. While Brooks has published three massively successful zombie-themed books—The Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z, and The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks (all of which are now considered the definitive tomes for the genre)—Brooks’ ultimate goal was to challenge old ways of thinking and encourage mental agility and flexibility for problem solvers and leaders.
Brooks’ unique, unconventional thinking depicted in his books has even inspired the U.S. military to examine how they may respond to potential crises in the future. World War Z was read and discussed by the sitting Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and Brooks has been invited to speak at a variety of military engagements—from the Naval War College, to the FEMA hurricane drill at San Antonio, to the nuclear “Vibrant Response” wargame.
Pricing varies by item for the individual chat, video and autographs, available on the Website.
Upcoming Wizard World Virtual Experiences (all times ET)
- Friday, June 19, “Lost,” Jorge Garcia, Emilie de Ravin · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
- Friday, June 19, Kato Kaelin · 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT
- Saturday, June 20, Max Brooks/Devolution · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
- Saturday, June 20, “Dragon Ball Z,” Tiffany Vollmer, Stephanie Nadolny, Linda Young, Mike McFarland, R. Bruce Elliott, Cynthia Cranz · 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT
- Monday, June 22, “Legacies,” Peyton Alex Smith, Thomas Doherty, Ben Geurens, Demetrius Bridges, Ben Levin, Quincy Fouse · 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m.
- Thursday, June 25, “Krypton,” Rasmus Hardiker, Sonita Henry · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
- Friday, June 26, “The Walking Dead,” Chandler Riggs, Xander Berkeley, David Morrissey, Jayson Warner Smith, Juan Javier Cardenas, Karl Makinen · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
- Sunday, June 28, “Runaways,” Lyrica Okano, Virginia Gardner, Ariela Barer, Angel Parker, Annie Wersching, James Marsters, Brigid Brannagh, Brittany Ishibashi, Clarissa Thibeaux · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
The 2020 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/comiccon.