Actor and history enthusiast, Scott Eastwood, is part of an exciting new production that recreates the battle of Gettysburg in a way never done before. Exploring the realm of mixed reality, Eastwood lends his voice to the new AR360 app, Gettysburg: A Nation Divided, an epic adventure that explores one of the most pivotal battles in American history and the people whose lives were changed forever.
Eastwood is among the first major motion picture actors to dive into an augmented reality app, moving from the “big screen” to the small screen of mobile devices owned by millions of people around the world.
“As a history lover, I wanted to help recreate one of our nation’s most pivotal battles in a new way that immerses audiences,” said Scott Eastwood. “Using a gamification platform and AR technology to bring The Battle of Gettysburg to life is an incredibly entertaining and powerful experience.”
Gettysburg: A Nation Divided, places users in the middle of three pivotal days during 1863 that changed American history. Users will:
- Stand amidst soldiers and experience the battle unfolding around them through the interactive mobile experience
- Join forces at McPherson’s Ridge as the first shot in the battle is fired
- Stand beside President Lincoln as he delivers the Gettysburg Address
- Go on a virtual AR scavenger hunt to uncover historical artifacts and earn Civil War coins
- Hear the fascinating stories of everyday people who were there; including Thomas Morris Chester, a black Civil War correspondent who led two companies of black soldiers in the Battle of Gettysburg and Sallie Myers, a 21-year-old school teacher, who along with many other civilians, became a Civil War nurse at Gettysburg when the battle broke out.
The adventures of Gettysburg: A Nation Divided can be experienced anywhere – turning a user’s backyard or living room into the battlefield; or bringing the actual 7,000-acre battlefield in Gettysburg to life with geolocation, an interactive map and action-packed animation that overlays battle scenes on locations where actual events took place.
“Apps like these – that engage more of your senses – are the future of entertainment,” said Eastwood. “Through augmented reality, you become part of the experience, and you get a perspective that you could never have just by watching something.”
The historically accurate app was developed by QuantumERA™, a leading content creation company that creates mixed reality experiences. They are best known for theiraward-winning Experience Real History™ brand that recreates the Battle of the Alamo through augmented reality apps and products, including augmented reality trading cards and an interactive augmented reality book.
Gettysburg: A Nation Divided (SRP $12.99) is available for the promotional price of $6.99. Available for iOS and Android devices in the App Store and Google Play.
Direct link to the mobile app in the App Store:
Direct link to the mobile app in Google Play: