Digital video company, Underknown, is proud to lead LIVEMEDAID, a live-streamed benefit featuring renowned scientific leaders. It will shine a spotlight on the global crisis caused by COVID-19, and celebrate hope, resilience and the human spirit.
The fundraising event will provide insight into the collaboration between global scientists and researchers in their collective hunt for a cure and share ideas about what we can learn from the virus. All money raised will support Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and frontline healthcare workers in the fight against COVID-19.
“We are thrilled to lead this global first-of-its-kind event, promoting unity and showcasing hope and humanity,” said Steve Hulford, Co-founder and CEO of Underknown. “Science is more important than ever and we are committed to deliver credible, science-based information to a global audience who is searching for answers,” said Hulford.
An impressive list of doctors, scientists and other prominent thinkers confirmed to participate include:
- Jane Goodall, English primatologist and anthropologist
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, An American astrophysicist, cosmologist, planetary scientist, and author
- Dr. David Suzuki, Canadian academic and environmental activist
- Dr. Wade Davis, Anthropologist, Ethnobotanist, Author, and photographer
- Dr. Sarah Ives, Netflix Documentary, “Pandemic”
- Dr. Katherine Hayhoe, Climate Scientist
- Dr. Isaac Bogoch, Infectious Disease doctor at UHN
- Anders Tegnell, Swedish physician and civil servant, & current state epidemiologist of Sweden
Musical acts include Ed Robertson (Barenaked Ladies), Earth, Wind and Fire, Bombino, Patrick Watson, Jesse Cook, Alex Cuba, Paul Anthony and more.
All online peer-to-peer donations will go to support relief efforts through Doctors Without Borders / MSF.
LIVEMEDAID is being distributed to over 200 Million digital viewers on sites including: Popular Science, Goalcast, WatchMojo, Infographics Show, Diply, WCSFP, and What If.
For more information, and for a full list of speakers and acts visit https://livemedaid.com/.