Wizard Entertainment, Inc. has announced that legendary actor Ed Asner, who portrayed Lou Grant on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” reprised the popular role for a spin-off series based on his character and voiced the curmudgeonly but lovable Carl Fredricksen in the animated film Up will take part in the fourth entry in the “Wizard World Virtual Experiences” on Tuesday, April 14, beginning at 3 p.m. ET / noon PT.
The five-time Golden Globes winner will participate in a FREE live moderated video Q&A, followed by one-on-one video chats, recorded videos and autographs. Sessions are accessible to virtual attendees on their computer and mobile devices via http://wizd.me/179z.
As part of the event, fans across the globe can:
- Submit questions via chat during the free 45-minute panel (open to everyone, no entry fee to watch or submit). Panel available for viewing live or on demand via Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/wizardworldvirtual; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wizardworld; and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizardworld/
- Participate in a personal, exclusive two-minute live video chat with Asner (paid)
- Purchase a recorded video, specifying the message if desired
- Purchase an autograph either on an 8”x10” photo or custom exclusive 11”x17” lithograph designed specifically for this event (if purchasing a live video chat, the item can be signed during the session)
Pricing begins at $65 for the individual chat, video and autographs, and vary by celebrity, available on the Website.
Past and Upcoming Wizard World Virtual Experiences
- Tuesday, March 31, “Supernatural,” Mark Sheppard, Emily Swallow, Ruth Connell, Sebastian Roché, Timothy Omundson
- Saturday, April 4, “Once Upon a Time,” Jared Gilmore, Andrew J. West, Sean Maguire, Lee Arenberg
- Saturday, April 11, “Buffy,” “Angel,” James Marsters, Amber Benson, Clare Kramer, Emma Caulfield, Elisabeth Röhm, Camden Toy
- Tuesday, April 14, Ed Asner (“Mary Tyler Moore Show,” Up)