Quibi has officially launched in the United States and Canada. On Monday, April 6, the Quibi app will be available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Quibi is the first entertainment platform designed specifically for your phone and features original content from Hollywood’s biggest stars and creators. New episodes will be released daily and all episodes are ten minutes or less.
Quibi shows are now available to watch including Survive starring Sophie Turner, Most Dangerous Game starring Liam Hemsworth and Christoph Waltz, Punk’d hosted by Chance the Rapper, Thanks A Million from Jennifer Lopez, Chrissy’s Court starring Chrissy Teigen, Murder House Flip, Around the World by BBC News, The Replay by ESPN and more.
Quibi is currently offering a 90 day free trial for a limited time – just sign-up at Quibi.com before the end of April. Quibi will cost $4.99 with ads and $7.99 without ads.
New episodes of Quibi’s Movies in Chapters, Unscripted Series and Docs, and Daily Essentials programming will be released daily. With News, Sports and Weather releasing new episodes 7 days a week.
As a part of Quibi’s launch offering, the first 3 episodes of Quibi’s Movie in Chapters and Unscripted Series and Docs will be available on April 6. New episodes will then roll out daily on weekdays.
Every day, Quibi will release over 25 new episodes – that’s more than 3 hours of fresh, original premium content every single day.
In the first year, Quibi will release 175 new original shows and 8,500 quick bites of content. All made by the biggest names in entertainment – from Academy Award winners like Peter Farrelly, Steven Spielberg, Guillermo del Toro to superstar directors like Antoine Fuqua, Sam Raimi and Catherine Hardwicke and stars like Demi Lovato, Will Smith, Laura Dern, Kevin Hart, Tyra Banks, Zac Efron, Bill Murray, Idris Elba, Anna Kendrick, Joe Jonas, Kendal Jenner, Don Cheadle and more.
Quibi was founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg and the CEO is Meg Whitman. Quibi is a mobile-first media technology platform bringing together the best of Silicon Valley and Hollywood, allowing today’s leading studios and creative talent to tell original stories in an entirely new way.
Quibi features unique TurnstyleTM technology, allowing content to be watched in full screen – no matter how you hold your phone.
TurnstyleTM is an engineering breakthrough in video streaming and user experience, allowing the viewer to move seamlessly between full screen portrait and full screen landscape at will. Quibi’s patented Turnstyle technology has opened up a new and exciting canvas for filmmakers.
ABOUT QUIBI’S CONTENT
Quibi’s goal is to inform, entertain and inspire you every day. Quibi offers three categories of content:
1. Movies in Chapters: Big stories told in chapters that are 7 to 10 minutes in length. Quibi is creating more than 30+ shows this year featuring many of Hollywood’s biggest names both in front of and behind the camera.
2. Unscripted and Docs: This category is food, fashion, travel, animals, cars, builds, music, sports, comedy, talk, variety, documentary and more. With so much star-power, this is “must see Quibi.”
3. Daily Essentials: Quibi’s Daily Essentials shows will deliver the day’s news and information in 5 to 6 minute quick bites, so you can stay up-to-speed on the weather, news, sports and even your dating life. Quibi is partnering with some of the most trusted names in news and information to reimagine how news is delivered, giving you everything you need to know – and why it matters.
Please find a guide to Quibi’s April content below.
COMING TO QUIBI IN APRIL
Titles debuting week of April 6:
- Flipped (scripted)
- Most Dangerous Game (scripted)
- Survive (scripted)
- When the Streetlights Go On (scripted)
- 50 States of Fright* (scripted)
- &Music (documentary)
- Chrissy’s Court (unscripted)
- Dishmantled (unscripted)
- Fierce Queens (documentary)
- Gayme Show! (unscripted)
- Gone Mental with Lior (unscripted)
- I Promise (documentary)
- Memory Hole (unscripted)
- Murder House Flip (unscripted)
- NightGowns (documentary)
- Nikki Fre$h (unscripted)
- Prodigy (documentary)
- Punk’d (unscripted)
- Run This City (documentary)
- Shape of Pasta (documentary)
- Singled Out (unscripted)
- Skrrt with Offset (unscripted)
- Thanks A Million (unscripted)
- The Sauce (unscripted)
- You Ain’t Got These (documentary)
- Around the World by BBC News (Daily Essential)
- Weather Today by The Weather Channel (Daily Essential)
- Morning Report by NBC News (Daily Essential)
- Evening Report by NBC News (Daily Essential)
- Saturday Report by NBC News (Daily Essential)
- Sunday Report by NBC News (Daily Essential)
- The Replay by ESPN (Daily Essential)
- NewsDay by CTV (Daily Essentials, Canada)
- NewsNight by CTV (Daily Essentials, Canada)
- Sports AM by TSN (Daily Essentials, Canada)
- Pulso News by Telemundo (Daily Essential)
- For the Cultura by Telemundo (Daily Essential)
- Close Up by E! News (Daily Essential)
- Fresh Daily by Rotten Tomatoes (Daily Essential)
- Speedrun by Polygon (Daily Essential)
- Pop5 by iHeartRadio (Daily Essential)
- No Filter by TMZ: AM (Daily Essential)
- No Filter by TMZ PM (Daily Essential)
- Last Night’s Late Night (Daily Essential)
- All The Feels by The Dodo (Daily Essential)
- The Daily Chill (Daily Essential)
- The Rachel Hollis Show (Daily Essential)
- Sexology by Shan Boodram (Daily Essential)
- The Nod with Brittany & Eric (Daily Essential)
- Trailers by Fandango (Daily Essential)
*special early access on April 6 if email entered at Quibi.com by April 5
Titles debuting week of April 13
- Agua Donkeys (scripted)
- The Stranger (scripted)
- #FreeRayshawn (scripted)
- 50 States of Fright (scripted)
- Elba vs. Block (unscripted)
- Let’s Roll with Tony Greenhand (unscripted)
- Fight Like a Girl (unscripted)
Titles debuting week of April 20
- Dummy (scripted)
- Iron Sharpens Iron (unscripted)
- Fashion’s a Drag (Daily Essential)
Titles debuting week of April 27
- Cup of Joe (unscripted)
- Floored (unscripted)
Launch Date: April 6, 2020
Download: Download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Free Trial: 90 day free trial for those who sign-up before April 30
Pricing: $4.99 with ads and $7.99 without ads
Social: Instagram: @Quibi | Facebook: @QuibiUS | Twitter: @Quibi